There are lots of things to think about when going away on your summer holiday – passport,...
Managing Your Staff
At Birkett Long we understand that is doesn't matter whether you employ one person or thousands, a HR issue can arise from nowhere. Our specialist employment team can offer you responsive, high quality and commercially focused advice on all your employment, HR and health & safety related queries and concerns.
We want to help you manage your business effectively and get the best out of your investment in people.
Birkett Long aims to give employers peace of mind and know that their business is up to speed with employment law and the risk of claims from employees. We will always have an expert on hand to get to know and understand your business, and to help deal with employment law issues big or small.
Here are some areas of employment law and HR support we can assist you with:
- Do you know enough about zero hours contracts?
- Do you want to avoid any type of wrongful or unfair dismissal?
- Do you have to make redundancies?
- Do you understand all types of discrimination (including age)?
- Are you offering equal pay and equal opportunities?
- Are you acquiring a new business and do you understand how TUPE affects you?
- Are you facing any restraint of trade or confidentiality issues?
- Do you understand when you may be responsible for your employees' actions (vicarious liability)?
- Do you understand employee’s maternity, paternity and parental rights?
- Are you facing an Employment Tribunal claim?
- Do you have an employee getting ready for retirement? What should you do?
- Are you up to date with Health and Safety?
Any employment law issues big or small, call Martin Hopkins for a free chat about questions you may have on 01268 244145.
- Martin Hopkins
- 01206 711369
- Reggie Lloyd
- Associate Solicitor
- 01206 711331
- Jo McKenna
Birkett Long will offer you responsive, high quality and commercially focused advice on all your employment, HR and health and safety related queries and concerns.
We offer a pay-as-you-go arrangement where you pay for advice as and when it is required. Birkett Long Human Resources offers a fixed price retainer scheme, whereby you pay an agreed monthly premium (from £99) in return for unlimited advice, and more. Different schemes are available to match your business needs, together with indemnity cover against legal fees and awards made in connection with any tribunal claims, if required. Full details are available on request.
You might also like
What our clients say
Many thanks for your support and advice....I will not hesitate to recommend you in future should I or any of my friends/colleagues need professional advice.
Without the very detailed and thorough response provided by Reggie Lloyd, I remain convinced that we would have lost the case. Instead, we won and were awarded costs, a feat in itself.
Chambers & Partners directory singled out the team for its commercial advice and for the cost-effectiveness of its service.
Staff re-order managing your staff
- Reggie Lloyd
- Martin Hopkins