LGBT Legal Services
People often need to consult a lawyer at stressful or challenging periods of their lives. It's at these times that you can rest assured we will help see you through and give you the best possible legal advice.
We are a friendly accessible firm of solicitors offering a wide range of legal advice to the LGBT community, covering both individual and commercial legal services.
We can help with all areas where the law impacts on your life, such as what happens if relationships break down; living together and getting married; adoption and care of children, and care of those children should couples separate. Of course, we can also help you make your will, set up a trust for your loved ones, and buy or rent your home. Birkett Long IFA LLP provides independent financial advice on pensions and investments.
If you need employment advice we can help. Our specialist lawyers can also assist if you own or manage a business; we’ll help with employment, company and commercial property law.
Our services include:
- family life - living together, getting married, children
- ending a relationship
- planning ahead & later life - planning ahead, dealing with a loved one's affairs, planning future care
- following a bereavement - what to do following a bereavement, problems following a bereavement
- resolving disputes - with friends or family, relating to your property, disputes with employers
- claiming for accidents or negligence
- sorting out financial problems - bankruptcy, individual voluntary arrangements
- property - buying or selling a home, renting out a property
- all aspects of company law
- independent financial advice from Birkett Long IFA LLP
- Lisa Collins
- Partner, Head of Divorce & Family South Essex
- 01206 711334
- Martin Hopkins
- 01206 711369
- Claire Read
- Partner, Head of Private Client Department
- 01206 217303
- Amanda Smallcombe
- Partner, Head of Court of Protection & Inheritance Disputes Team
- 01206 711365
- Kim Huckfield
- Team Assistant