A man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for falsifying a DNA test in an attempt to avoid...
Birkett Long human resources support
Are you spending most of your time working on HR and employment issues instead of running your business? Are you within an internal HR team needing up to date employment law advice or are you unsure of what to do and where to turn when an issue with an employee arises? Call the team on 01245 658358 for a free chat about how we will work with you to deal with day to day issues as they happen.
Running your business and dealing with employment issues are both important. Birkett Long Human Resources, or BLHR, can take care of one leaving you free to focus on the other. BLHR has a HR and employment law solution for any size of business; whether you are a business owner managing your staff, a single in-house HR manager or you’re a HR Director running a whole human resources department. This is not a ‘one size fits all’, it is tailored to your day to day needs, meaning you do not pay for elements you do not want and may never need.
Our commitment to you
We get to know you and your business – Your BLHR team will comprise a HR adviser and specialist employment law solicitor. Your BLHR team will get to know you and your business and will work with you to understand your specific challenges and preferred approach.
HR support solutions that work for you - Knowing you and your business will allow your BLHR team to quickly provide you with practical employment law advice and HR advice.
Expert advice and business acumen – Your BLHR team does not use scripts. They know the law but they also understand commercial priorities and will look beyond obvious solutions and give pragmatic advice and guidance.
Choice of service - Our range of HR solutions all give you hands-on advice and expertise as you need it by phone, email and online meeting and through our newly developed (and constantly evolving) online portal.
No nasty surprises! - Our HR solutions are not all inclusive but they are clear about what they do and do not include. All your day-to-day hr issues are included and you will not pay for anything you may never need.
What do we mean by day-to-day? – Your BLHR team will review or update your existing contracts of employment and HR related policies and procedures and work with you to keep them up to date with legal requirements and best practice. They will provide HR and legal advice on issues relating to:
- recruitment and probationary periods
- individual grievances and grievance procedures
- disciplinary matters
- sickness absence management, including assistance with obtaining medical reports
- performance management
- managing and responding to flexible working requests
- family-friendly rights: maternity, paternity, parental rights
- responding to reference requests
- disciplinary procedures, including suspension and dismissal
- termination of employment and notice periods
- performance appraisal
Your BLHR team will also give initial advice on matters which might become more complex, for example:
- statutory apprenticeships
- discrimination and equality issues
- equality issues
- public interest disclosures (whistle-blowing)
- TUPE advice (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) advice)
- guidance relating to obligations and consultation
- negotiated exits
- settlement agreements and restrictive covenants
- trade union consultation, recognition and industrial action
- unfair dismissal
Documents and templates included - All documents and letters you need to manage day-to-day HR issues are included within BLHR. You can access templates via our portal and your allocated adviser will be happy to check documents before they are sent or issued.
What about updates and training? - Birkett Long hosts a range of events and presentations in person and online throughout the year. You will receive invitations to them, as well as regular updates about changes in legislation and case law (along with any updated documents which will be available for you to download via the BLHR portal).
Our HR support solutions are available to clients wherever your business is situated. For more information call our BLHR team on 01245 658358 for a free chat about what HR services we offer.
About Birkett Long LLP
Birkett Long is a local law firm, where we understand that every business is different. It doesn’t matter if you are an international enterprise, a local firm or a new company just setting up, we know you need the best possible advice so that important decisions are straightforward and cost effective.
- Charlotte Holman
- Martin Hopkins
- Managing Partner
- 01206 711369
- Reggie Lloyd
- Associate Solicitor
- 01206 711331
- Helena Oxley
- Julie Temple
- Partner, Head of BLHR and Employment Team
- Hannah Maxwell
- HR Adviser
Why outsource to Birkett Long Human Resources?
- We are a long established law firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA)
- Your in-house human resources department or HR professional will be given legal support
- Our fixed fees give you a budget certainty
- If your business does not warrant an HR department and you don't have time or expertise to deal with HR yourself, we look after it for you
- Expertise at your fingertips gives you piece of mind
- Our trainers are passionate and inspiring and our courses are relevant and interactive
Staff re-order Birkett long human resourcs
- James Anaxagorou
- Martin Hopkins