Why do I need a will? A will enables you to leave a clear instruction as to how you wish your...
For business owners, preparing commercial contracts, terms and policies is often at the bottom of your priority list, but waiting until you have a spare moment may cost you in the long run. Experience shows that a properly recorded contract will save you significant cost and acrimony in the long run and can be the key to running a successful business.
At Birkett Long our commercial contract lawyers have the extensive expertise and experience to provide, draft, review and negotiate this for you.
Working closely with you over time means our solicitors understand your business fully, including how it operates and your aims and goals. Getting to know your business means that we can better identify your legal and commercial needs. A large part of any business is ensuring your contracts, documents and paperwork are all up to date.
Our commercial solicitors can help you with corporate documents such as:
- Shareholders’ Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- Service/Consultancy contracts
- IT contracts including: hardware, software, outsourcing and network provision contracts
- Confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements
- Long-term supply/service contracts
- Outsourcing agreements
- Terms and conditions of sale (business to business)
- Terms and conditions of sale (business to consumer)
- Website terms and conditions of supply
- Terms and conditions of purchase
- Employment agency/employment business terms and conditions
- Commercial Agents Regulations
- Distance Selling Regulations
- Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations
Birkett Long’s clients include everything from small, owner managed businesses to large public companies in both the private and public sector. Among our clients are Care UK PLC and the University of Essex along with a number of the large high street banks and local heavyweight accountancy firms.
Birkett Long is renowned for its work within the healthcare, education and charitable sectors in particular.
- Tracey Dickens
- Partner, Head of Commercial and Corporate Finance
- 01206 711359
- Thomas Emmett
- Tim Field
- Veronika Koenig-Roach
- Alan Massenhove
- Consultant Solicitor
- David Wisbey
- 01206 711326
- Natasha Austin
- Executive Legal Support Assistant
- Anne Davies
- Legal Support Assistant
- Sarah Hawkins
- Team Assistant
What our clients say
Birkett Long LLP were, without exception, lovely people to deal with, highly professional, proficient and most importantly, commercially formidable. My complete trust was well founded.
Like any transaction with Birkett Long involved, went at a good pace, they were always available to speak to, would always respond to emails and would also cover the points sometimes the client doesn’t want to. They were informative every step of the way and actually encouraging throughout the process.Martin Cooper, Director of Finance at Runwood Homes