On 19 February 2021, the long-awaited judgement in the case of Uber BV v Aslam was handed down by...
Commercial Contract Solicitors
For business owners, preparing commercial contracts, terms and policies is often at the bottom of your priority list, but waiting until you have a spare moment may cost you in the long run. Experience shows that a properly recorded contract will save you significant cost and acrimony in the long run and can be the key to running a successful business.
At Birkett Long our commercial contract lawyers have the extensive expertise and experience to provide, draft, review and negotiate this for you.
Working closely with you over time means our solicitors understand your business fully, including how it operates and your aims and goals. Getting to know your business means that we can better identify your legal and commercial needs. A large part of any business is ensuring your contracts, documents and paperwork are all up to date.
Our commercial solicitors can help you with corporate documents such as:
- Shareholders’ Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- Service/Consultancy contracts
- IT contracts including: hardware, software, outsourcing and network provision contracts
- Confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements
- Long-term supply/service contracts
- Outsourcing agreements
- Terms and conditions of sale (business to business)
- Terms and conditions of sale (business to consumer)
- Website terms and conditions of supply
- Terms and conditions of purchase
- Employment agency/employment business terms and conditions
- Commercial Agents Regulations
- Distance Selling Regulations
- Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations
Birkett Long’s clients include everything from small, owner managed businesses to large public companies in both the private and public sector. Among our clients are Care UK PLC and the University of Essex along with a number of the large high street banks and local heavyweight accountancy firms.
Birkett Long is renowned for its work within the healthcare, education and charitable sectors in particular.
- Tracey Dickens
- Partner, Head of Commercial and Corporate Finance
- 01206 711359
- Thomas Emmett
- Associate Solicitor, Head of Education
- Tim Field
- Senior Associate Solicitor
- Alan Massenhove
- Consultant Solicitor
- David Wisbey
- 01206 711326
- Natasha Austin
- Executive Legal Support Assistant