Many business deals are carried out on a ‘handshake agreement’ (a verbal agreement...
Employment law issues come in all shapes and sizes and it can be a challenge for an employer to know and understand everything.
Our employment and HR specialists at Birkett Long will help you manage your business effectively and get the best out of the investment you have put into your people.
Our employment solicitors can support you with questions such as:
- Do you understand the procedures for dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues?
- Do you understand maternity, paternity and parental rights?
- Do you need advice on the management of performance and absence?
- Are you having trouble advising on equal pay and equal opportunities?
- Are you facing any contractual issues?
- Do you understand the right and liabilities for your employees?
- Are you up to date with health and safety?
- Are you facing an Employment Tribunal and do you understand the procedure?
- Do you have anyone approaching retirement?
- Zero-hours contracts
- Avoiding any type of wrongful or unfair dismissal
- Making redundancies
- All types of discrimination (including age)
- Offering equal pay and equal opportunities
- When acquiring a new business, understanding how TUPE affects you
- Any restraint of trade or confidentiality issues
- Vicarious liability
- Understanding employees’ maternity, paternity and parental rights
- Facing an Employment Tribunal claim
- You have an employee getting ready for retirement? What should you do?
- Being up to date with health and safety
We aim to give employers peace of mind, knowing that their business is up to speed with employment law and to reduce the risk of claims from employees. We will always have an expert on hand to get to know and understand your business, and to help deal with employment law issues big or small.
We also advise on workplace conflict resolution and mediation, regularly draft and review policies and handbooks, and provide tailored training to HR teams and line managers.
We will fight your corner using our extensive experience of the Employment Tribunal and High Court judicial systems.
Whatever your requirements, we are always happy to offer a free initial telephone consultation to discuss your particular query or concern, and how we can help you. We will, in this respect, work to a fixed or capped fee arrangement agreed with you. Call Julie Temple on 01206 217318 to find out how we can help.
- Rianna Billington Purvis
- Charlotte Holman
- Martin Hopkins
- Managing Partner
- 01206 711369
- Benjamin Molyneux
- Trainee Solicitor
- Karen Morovic
- Senior Associate Solicitor
- Samantha Randall
- Associate Solicitor
- Sarah Shah
- HR Adviser
- Julie Temple
- Partner, Head of BLHR and Employment Team
To support you cost-effectively, we offer a pay-as-you-go arrangement where you pay for advice as and when it is required.
We understand that all organisations are considering costs. Legal costs can be significant but we have a cost-effective solution with the reassurance all your day to day HR requirements are taken care of – from advice by email and phone or online meeting to templates to you can access via our growing portal. Get in touch now to see how our team of HR and employment law experts can support your business through the challenges during and post Covid-19 - visit Birkett Long human resources.
You might also like
Staff re-order for dealing employment day to day issues
- Julie Temple
- Charlotte Holman
- Reggie Lloyd
- Tim Ogle