I was interested to read the recent case of IX v IY  which considered the question...
Private equity & venture capital
We advise on the terms for private equity and venture capital investment. Both private equity (which invests in mature but growing businesses) and venture capital (which is generally prepared to invest in more start up, or early stage, businesses) tend to follow their own unique processes, unlike more run of the mill corporate transactions. Our experience enables us to understand the processes and give practical and relevant advice.
We advise companies and investors on investment agreements and funding and security documents. Examples of transactions we have completed include:
- advising the management team on their participation in a private equity secondary buyout valued at over £50 million
- advising the owner of an engineering business on the investment of £2 million in his business by a private equity house
- advising a company on a complex restructuring of existing capital and subsequent investment by a “green technology” venture capital trust
- advising a venture capital investor on investment in a software company
- Tracey Dickens
- Partner, Head of Commercial and Corporate Finance
- 01206 711359
- David Wisbey
- 01206 711326
You might also like...