We are continuing our 200-year anniversary celebrations with random acts of kindness in the local...
Company Insolvency Solicitors
Financial management is an important part of any business. Our solicitors understand the challenges you face when keeping your finance management under control, but know things can happen that sometimes are out of your control.
Birkett Long provides directors and shareholders with proactive legal advice on the nature and effects of insolvency before it happens, to give you the opportunity to appreciate your options and consider alternative strategies.
The earlier you spot the threat of insolvency and take advice, the better the position you will be in to minimise the risk to the company, and to directors and shareholders personally.
The specialist insolvency team at Birkett Long regularly advises directors, shareholders and insolvency practitioners in respect of:
- voluntary liquidations (including solvent members' voluntary liquidations)
- compulsory liquidations (including presenting and defending winding up petitions)
- administrations (both via the out of court and court appointment routes)
- company voluntary arrangements (CVA)
- Companies House strike offs
- personal liability of directors and shareholders
- directors facing claims by insolvency practitioners
- phoenix companies
- directors disqualification
If you find yourself in any of these situations, call Kevin Sullivan for a free initial chat on 01206 217376. Or get in touch with one of our teams in Basildon, Colchester or Chelmsford to find out how our solicitors can help you with your financial problems.
Birkett Long is a member of R3 – The Association of Business Recovery Professionals.
We regularly deal with matters in the High Court and County Courts. The team has experience of dealing with high profile companies and individuals, providing practical, pragmatic advice where adverse publicity may be as damaging as the insolvency proceedings themselves.
Staff re-order for dealing with financial problems in your business
- Kevin Sullivan
- Tracy England