Many business deals are carried out on a ‘handshake agreement’ (a verbal agreement...
Business & Commercial Solicitors
Whether you are a sole trader, entrepreneur or a multi-national business, when you are running or wanting to grow your business you want a team that works with you to understand your business and provide practical advice and solutions.
Our commercial and corporate solicitors will ensure that you are on top of your obligations and that you can take advantage of any business opportunities that can arise.
Our commercial law solicitors are experienced in advising business owners and managers in relation to the following –
- Employee share schemes
- Company books and registers
- Converting from a partnership to a LLP or limited company
- Changing from a sole trader to a limited company
- Converting from a private limited company to a plc
- Restructuring a business
- Advertising, marketing and promotion
- Articles of Association
- Shareholders' agreements
- Joint ventures
- Joint venture agreements
- Commercial contracts
- Tracey Dickens
- Partner, Head of Commercial Department
- 01206 711359
- Thomas Emmett
- Senior Associate, Head of Education
- Tim Field
- Partner, Team Leader of the Business Team
- Alan Massenhove
- Consultant Solicitor
- David Wisbey
- 01206 711326
- Emily Woloszczuk
- Trainee Solicitor
- Natasha Austin
- Executive Legal Support Assistant
- Sarah Hawkins
- Technical Support Assistant
- Hilda O'Kelly
- Team Assistant
Our portfolio includes a very wide range of clients, from UK businesses of major multinationals, to locally headquartered listed Plcs, to SMEs and sole traders. We handle all types of commercial and corporate finance work, advising on all aspects of businesses including business structures and exit strategies.
Birkett Long’s business experts have City and international experience. We are panel members for several banks and advise them on a wide variety of matters.