The Office of National Statistics (ONS) published statistics in November which show that...
With offices in Basildon, Chelmsford and Colchester, Birkett Long is one of the regions largest full service law firms and is still growing!
Birkett Long achieved a ‘Regional Heavyweight’ ranking in the Legal 500 directory and is recognised as the law firm with the strongest profile in Essex.
We currently have vacancies in our following teams:
- please see below for full details:
We have a vacancy for a full time Trainer based in our Colchester office. The successful candidate will be required to travel, on a regular basis, to our other offices to deliver training sessions.
Birkett Long Solicitors are redefining what it means to be a Lawyer. Based in Essex, with offices in Chelmsford, Basildon and Colchester, Birkett Long focuses on people – our clients, our employees, our business partners and those in our local communities.
We are a modern thinking Legal 500 law firm and this is an ideal opportunity to join a successful and thriving practice.
Learning and Development works in partnership with our HR team to enhance the growth of the business whilst building a respectful, collaborative, safe and healthy culture. The team has a dedication to outstanding client service and the desire to meet the ever changing needs to the business and its people, working as a cohesive team at all times.
The Trainer is integral to the development of both legal and non legal capability, improving performance and responsible for skills training across all of the offices in the firm.
You will join the Human Resource and Learning and Development team in the Colchester office and will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of training and development programmes for legal and non legal staff across the firm.
You will work with staff across all levels of the firm to identify, plan for, deliver and evaluate training needs.
Previous experience of delivering training programmes within a law firm is desirable but not essential.
Purpose of the Role:
• Induction of all new employees;
• Working with the business to identify training and development needs
• Design training programmes based on individual and organisational needs.
• Managing training budgets;
• Liaising with key stakeholders (IT, HR, Partners, BLHR, Team Leaders) to provide both internal or external training services where required;
• Undertaking training analysis;
• Identify areas of improvement in line with business objectives and develop training programmes accordingly.
• Reviewing processes and procedures within the department
• Maintain project and training documentation
• Book external training courses on behalf of the firm
The successful candidate
• Minimum CIPD Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• Excellent presentation skills
• Flexible and reliable.
• Be self motivated and able to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
• professional attitude and appearance;
• Demonstrable strong working knowledge of all IT applications (Microsoft Office, Internet explorer, Case Management systems
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
• Strong experience of managing and developing professional skills programmes
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• An enthusiastic team player;
Experience of using SolCASE case management system is desirable but not essential
If you believe you have the skills we are looking for please send your CV to:
Birkett Long LLP – 1 Amphora Place, Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG
Or alternatively to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 2 January 2018
Please note applications will be considered after the deadline. This will be a two-stage interview process.
Interview dates are as following:
Stage 1 – 17 January 2018
Stage 2 – 26 January 2018
NO AGENCIES - Agents please note that we work from a PSL. Whilst we would consider adding to the PSL if you have a candidate you consider suitable please contact our HR department directly. Please refrain from forwarding details directly to Birkett Long employees.
Birkett Long LLP, the leading Essex based law and financial services firm is looking to expand.
With offices in Colchester, Basildon and Chelmsford, Birkett Long has significant growth plans over the next 5 years for its financial services business. Already a major contributor towards the firm’s success, recent branch expansion, acquisitions, and the associated client base increase present an unprecedented opportunity to realise its growth plans.
Predominantly working with quality ‘in-house’ leads from our huge, diverse and active client base and some self-generated leads, together with full paraplanning and administrative support, Birkett Long seeks high calibre advisers to deliver quality advice and fee income, or those that can demonstrate they have the potential ability to do so, and who are excited by the challenge of helping the firm meet and exceed its aspirations.
To be considered for these roles working in the professional services marketplace, successful applicants will need to evidence an established record of high achievement through managing effective and sustained client relationships (typically, but not exclusively HNW/business owners); having attained Level 4 Diploma, and ideally chartered status or the aspiration to achieve this in the future with ongoing support and personal development.
This is an employed role. There is an excellent remuneration package available, commensurate with the expectation of the role, with the exceptional backing of one of the leading law and financial services brands in Essex.
For further information on a completely confidential basis:
01206 217381 or 07901 005257
Should you be interested in applying for a different position with the firm please do feel free to send your CV to Leonie Dolling, as we are happy to receive personal applications on a speculative basis.
BIRKETT LONG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.