In an earlier blog, called ‘ For how long should spousal maintenance be paid? ’, I...
Agriculture & Rural Solicitors
If you’re a farmer or a landowner you need a lawyer who knows and understands the agricultural industry inside and out.
Birkett Long has a dedicated team of specialist agriculture solicitors advising on all aspects of the law relating to rural law, property and agri-business, so we can be on hand for any issues you might face.
Our agriculture and estates solicitors are informed and proactive; we understand the demands and requirements placed on those operating in the rural sector. As a client, you can expect us to have a thorough understanding of rural issues, and to provide seamless advice on all aspects of your business.
Our solicitors also pride themselves in being able to offer practical and commercial advice to:
- farming businesses
- others within the rural economy.
Our agriculture solicitors are available to clients throughout Basildon, Colchester and Chelmsford. For a no obligation conversation with a member of the team, call Caroline Dowding, head of our team of agriculture solicitors, on 01206 217394.
Our legal advice for those in agriculture, farming and rural businesses includes:
Property and land
- sale and acquisitions of rural land and rural properties
- first registration applications for agricultural land and buildings
- advice on funding secured on agricultural property
- agricultural tenancies including succession rights and notices to quit
- option, promotion and pre-emption agreements
- overage and development clawback agreements
- rights of way
- shooting and other sporting rights
- environmental compliance
Tax and estate planning
- wills, probate and trust administration
- powers of attorney
- succession planning and generational change planning
- tax planning and wealth structuring
- advice on what reliefs are available, including Agricultural Property Relief
- long term care planning
- NHS Continuing Healthcare
- commercial leases
- telecoms masts
- development and planning work
- renewable energy
Business and commercial
- business and corporate including company structures
- corporate/joint venture structuring
- partnership formation
- taxation advice
Agricultural dispute resolution
- land ownership disputes including boundary issues
- partnership and trust disputes
- property and general disputes
- tenancy disputes
- divorce and ending a relationship
- cohabitation and premarital/pre-civil
- partnership agreements
- children disputes (custody)
- disciplinary and grievance issues
- rights/liabilities regarding equal pay/opportunities
- management of performance and absence
- health and safety law and associated prosecutions
- contractual issues
- Emma Coke FALA
- Associate Solicitor, Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association
- Caroline Dowding
- Partner, Head of Agriculture and Estates
- 01206 711398
- Katie Gibson-Green
- Associate Solicitor
The firm has a long term commitment to agriculture and is pleased to have acted for several generations of the same family as well as for new clients looking for specialist advice. Many of our solicitors are also members of the Agricultural Law Association.
You Might Also Like
What our clients say
I should like to thank you, for all your help and professionalism in this matter. Most people are amazed we have been successful in actually obtaining all the money as there was a belief he would try to avoid payment. But we proved them wrong! Thank you also for keeping my costs to a minimum. It is much appreciated.
Matters are dealt with expediently and we are kept well informed. It's easy to discuss matters with the team, they are very approachable.
Birkett Long LLP’s team is praised for his ‘longstanding reputation, knowledge and expertise’,
You will be my go to guy on all things contentious! By just giving me an outline of the process and costs on the phone was a huge help. Thanks again!Strutt & Parker
Staff re-order for rural
- Caroline Dowding
- Emma Coke
- Mark Wrinch
- Miles Coates
- Katie Gibson-Green
- Bruce Ballard
- David Wybar