From 6th April 2022, it will be possible to obtain a no fault divorce, marking one of the most...
Emma Coke FALA
I am a specialist in agricultural transaction work in the Agriculture & Estates team and I am a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association. My work includes acting on complex farm sales and acquisitions, corporate transactions, acting for lenders on re-financing, Landlord and Tenant issues and development land.
I have a Master’s degree in European Law which is useful in navigating the legislation which pervades the agricultural sector. I am also a member of the Agricultural Law Association, the Country Land and Business Association the National Farmers’ Union and the National Sheep Association.
My background is connected to the farming and equine industries, which gives me an advantage when assisting with farming clients because I can employ practical, as well as legal, experience. I am experienced in helping clients achieve their objectives quickly and this is done by being approachable and available to communicate with clients.
My spare time is taken up assisting my husband with his farming business.
MY SPECIALIST AREAS
- sales and acquisitions of high value
- agricultural property and land transactions running into millions of pounds and thousands of acres
- landlord and tenant matters including advising on Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies
- negotiating and drafting overage, option and pre-emption agreements for development land
- complicated first registrations of land
- commercial leases of agricultural buildings
- contract farming and farm business tenancies
Agriculture & Estates team
Our Agriculture & Estates team understands farming from a personal and professional perspective, taking into account that farming is more than a business, but often a whole generational way of life. We listen to the needs of each farming family and often work with them generation after generation to ensure that we can tailor advice to meet their, and their successors, wishes and aspirations.