Acquisition & Disposal of Property
Whatever type of commercial land or property transactions you are considering, whether you are planning a property acquisition as part of an existing business, buying land to develop, or disposing of a property, Birkett Long will ensure that it is dealt with efficiently by an experienced property lawyer.
Working with Birkett Long, you will benefit not only from our broad commercial expertise but also from our specialist knowledge in areas such as taxation, environmental issues, property disputes and construction.
We can assist you if you are:
- purchasing a property or properties for occupation or investment
- thinking of disposing of a leasehold or freehold property
- purchasing or disposing of a business with property assets
- in need of advice on the assembly, acquisition or disposal of a development site
- wanting to develop an estate either individually or collectively
- having difficulties with environmental issues
- in need of advice on construction contract terms
Contact a member of the team, or complete our enquiry form, to discuss how we may be able to help you.
- Melanie Bache
- Partner, Head of Commercial Real Estate
- 01206 711397
- David Rayner
- Partner & Head of Environment and Energy Team
- 01206 711360
- Justin Stock
While all members of Birkett Long’s team deal with the more usual areas of commercial property, some have developed specialist skills in areas such as health, education and development. For example, the team has acted in the disposal or re-organisation of hospital and school sites, the purchase and letting of public houses, the acquisition of large development sites and the grant of options to developers to purchase land from individual and consortium owners.
What our clients say
Birkett Long LLP houses ‘team players’ who together show ‘good depth and breadth of knowledge and experience’. Melanie Bache leads the practice, which acts for London Gateway Port, the University of Essex and Lloyds Bank. David Rayner is also recommended.
I worked with Birkett Long for our mutual client involved in a pension scheme property purchase and all communication was clear and timely. Emma Wraight had a great personal nature and was highly professional and helpful at all times.
Respect to Birkett Long’s principles – they aim to implement the objectives of their clients, without trying to score points or being uncommercial.
David Rayner always aims to implement the objectives of his clients, without trying to score points or being uncommercial. - Peter Benson, Lloyds Bank