The term “private law children matters” is used to describe disputes involving private...
I am a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team, specialising in construction law. Clients choose me for my pragmatic and commercial approach and for my ability to articulate complex issues and ideas. I am also chosen for my personality and outlook and my extensive experience in construction adjudications. I am based in our Chelmsford office and am available for a free 15 minute chat over the phone on 01245 453827.
A specialist construction lawyer, I have advised clients in a range of construction and engineering projects of varying size and complexity, including acting for main contractors, sub-contractors, employers, construction professionals, public bodies and developers in real time project management, dispute avoidance, dealing with payment applications and the issue of contractual notices and in the resolution of all type of construction disputes.
My experience in dispute work includes acting on behalf of either referring or responding parties in over a 100 construction adjudications, 7 of which were reported at enforcement stage, on a range of construction issues including disputes under most standard forms of building contacts such as the JCT, NEC, ICE and FIDIC; payment disputes, delay and disruption claims; extension of time and loss and expense claims; defective designs and workmanship; final account and non-payment of retention disputes; and professional negligence claims.
Recent notable works include acting for contractors in respect of defective cladding works and materials (post-Grenfell Tower fire and enquiry) and the enforcement of adjudication decisions in the Technology and Construction Court.
I am also a certified and accredited Construction Adjudicator and Arbitrator, serving on the following panels and nomination bodies:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) President's Panel of Adjudicators (LVD)
- Construction Industry Council (CIC) Panel of Adjudicators
- Hunt ADR - Arbitration Panel
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) Business Arbitration Panel
- UK Adjudicators - Construction Adjudicator's Panel and Low Value Disputes Adjudicators Panel
- Construction Plant-Hire Association’s (CPA) Adjudicators Panel
I am a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales with Higher Court Rights of Audience (Civil Proceedings), I was initially been Called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn and since 2005 I continue to be a practising barrister of the Supreme Court of Mauritius.
I am a Fellow Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the Society of Construction Law, the Adjudication Society and a committee member of the King's College Construction Law Association.
When not working, I enjoy travelling and love visiting new places of interest. I also enjoy cooking and football.
QUALIFICATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Diploma in Adjudication in the Construction Industry Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Bar Vocational Course, The City Law School, City University
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours