On 19 February 2021, the long-awaited judgement in the case of Uber BV v Aslam was handed down by...
I am a solicitor and collaborative lawyer providing specialist legal advice and assistance across all aspects of private family law, with particular emphasis on assisting clients with the consequences of relationship breakdown, including dealing with divorce, financial and property issues for married and unmarried couple, as well as disputes regarding children matters.
I particularly enjoy helping people move into the next chapter in their lives, so they can begin to plan for the future. I am a very good listener which is an integral part of the role as a family solicitor. We very often see clients when they are going through an upsetting and stressful time.
I combine knowledge of the law with a friendly, efficient and straightforward approach in order to provide high quality legal advice and representation and achieve the best possible outcome for my clients.
As a member of Resolution, I am committed to resolving disputes constructively and sensibly, always focusing on what is best for the family and offering practical solutions.
I am a member of Colchester Collaborative family law group. Please feel free to visit this site to find other local collaborative family lawyers who could assist your partner if it is the case that you both wish to deal with your separation in a collaborative setting.
Before joining Birkett Long, I completed my training at a multi-specialist London law firm with a national reputation and, since qualifying as a solicitor in 2007, I have worked exclusively in family and divorce law in London and Colchester.
I am the Fixtures Secretary for the Bergholt Heath Young Football Club, responsible for managing the Colchester and District Youth Football League fixtures and cup competitions for our 8 teams, ranging from Under 7’s through to Under 15’s.
I am also a Parent Governor at Heathlands C of E Primary School in West Bergholt, sitting on the Curriculum and Pupil Matters Committee.
Outside of work, my young family keeps me very busy, but in my spare time I enjoy keeping fit, especially HIIT and running.
QUALIFICATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- LLB Law Degree (First Class Honours) - 2004 - University of Essex - received the following additional academic awards
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction) - 2005 - Anglia Ruskin University
- Qualified as a solicitor - 2007 - Law Society of England and Wales
- Completed Resolution Collaborative Law Foundation Training - 2012
- Full and active Resolution member – September 2007 to date
- Collaborative Lawyers Colchester Pod – 2014 to date – recently appointed as Pod Liaison Officer
Academic awards and former positions:
- Palgrave Law Prize (2004) - Best performing student in the Family Law course
- Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize (2004) - Best performing final year student in the Part II examinations
- Gordon Sagar Prize (2002) - Best overall performance of the first year
- Blackstone Law Prize (2002) - Outstanding performance in the Constitutional Law course examination and best student on the Common Law course
- Former London Young Resolution committee member – October 2010 to May 2014
- Former committee member and secretary of the South London Law Society Junior Lawyer Division – March 2011 to September 2012
- Capital Collaborative (London) Pod – April 2012 to May 2014
Divorce and Family team
Our divorce and separation team understands that the breakdown of a relationship, particularly if children are involved, can be a difficult and stressful time for all those involved. We listen to the needs of our clients and treat each client as an individual. This ensures we are able to tailor our advice and help guide you through the legal process. We can assist you to make important decisions at a time when you may feel unable to do so.