I was interested to read the recent case of IX v IY  which considered the question...
I am a Consultant Solicitor in the Residential Real Estate team.
I joined Birkett Long on 1 September 2015, when they merged with Asher Prior Bates.
QUALIFICATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Council Member, The Law Society of England and Wales
- Member Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Fellow The Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
- Member the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI)
- Member East Anglian Reserve Force and Cadets Association (EARFCA)
- Trustee Director and Management Board Member The Royal Signals Museum
- Vice Chairman 36 Signal Regiment Association
- Elected Member Colchester Borough Council (CBC)
- Member and Director Destination Colchester CIC (dC)
- Trustee and Management Board Member The Sea Cadet Corps Colchester
- Member King Coel's Kittens
- Commissioned Army Officer