A Charity Commission reminder - Trustees must not be paid for their services as a trustee –...
Legal services for Pharmacies
Pharmacies are businesses, but they are businesses that are highly regulated, and therefore require specialist legal advice with their business arrangements.
Birkett Long's Health and Social Care team can advise and assist you with your legal requirements and have the expertise and experience to guide you.
Our lawyers have developed key contacts with the leading agents in the sector and have close links with all the major banks that provide funding to the pharmacy sector.
Buying and selling
- Sale and purchase of pharmacy businesses including:
- Share transactions
- Asset transactions
- Management buy outs
- Purchase of own shares
- Pharmacy premises
- Acquisition of freehold and leasehold premises
- Sales and leasebacks
- Changes of property owners
- New pharmacy developments
- Property agreements - dealing with pharmacy premises ownership between the property owners if separate from pharmacy business
- Advice on all aspects of property ownership and occupation
- Shareholder agreements and articles of association
- Joint ventures or joint developments with other medical providers including GPs
- Collaboration agreements
- Fundraising through private equity
- Drafting and reviewing all forms of commercial contract
- Intellectual property
- Dispute resolution and debt recovery
- Employment, consultancy and other staff related advice