As if being a trustee of a charity was not hard enough, the financial pressure that has been...
Legal services for Doctors
Medical practitioners require specialist advice in connection with their partnerships and practice arrangements as these are governed by the NHS regulatory and primary care frameworks.
Our experts regularly advise and assist GP practices throughout Essex, Suffolk, Outer London and beyond. Birkett Long’s Heath and Social Care team has the expertise and experience to guide you through the legal minefield.
- Partnership Agreements
- GMS and PMS partnership agreements
- Supplemental agreements for incoming partners
- Retirement agreements for outgoing partners
- Dissolution/Settlement agreements
- Deeds of variation
- Salaried partnership agreements
- 24 hour retirement
- Advice on liability between partners
- Buying and selling private practices
- Practice mergers
- Contractual advice – GMS and PMS contract advice
- Regulatory advice & challenging CCG or formerly PCT actions
- Negotiating settlements in partnership disputes and dissolution
- Surgery premises
- Acquisition of freehold and leasehold premises
- Leases by property owning doctors to their practices
- Sales and leasebacks
- Changes of property owning partners
- New surgery developments
- Property Partnership Agreements - dealing with surgery premises ownership between the property owning partners
Consortiums and collaborations
- Working at scale collaborations (advice on legal entities, companies and LLPs)
- Advice on GP consortiums for private tenders
- Co-operation agreements between practices
- Tracey Dickens
- Partner, Head of Commercial and Corporate Finance
- 01206 711359
- Tim Field
- Associate Solicitor
- Liz Jones
- 01206 711366
- Sian Taylor
What Our Clients Say
I would like to thank Tracey Dickens, Tim Ogle and their team for the kindness and understanding throughout a very difficult experience involving a partnership breakdown. Without their superb expertise and professionalism we would not have achieved such a successful financial resolution. Doctor from a local medical practice.
I could not have got through this experience without the unwavering support of Tracey Dickens and her team.
Tracey Dickens was recommended to me by a close friend a GP who had sought her advice in relation to a thorny partnership issue and had a quick resolution to the problem. As this was after obtaining initial advice from another local solicitor which was less than straightforward,he was impressed and recommended her to sort out my issue with a previous partner who was refusing to pay out my portion of the partnership profits after leaving a practice.Within a week, Tracey and the team suggested a clear solution which was highly impressive, the application of which resulted in an exceptionally successful result.