Another successful year for Birkett Long in the 2017 Legal 500, ranked as a Top Tier firm in...
Franchising and Brand Licensing Solicitors
Birkett Long’s franchising team shares our clients' passion, entrepreneurial spirit and commercial approach, which helps us deliver innovative expansion strategies.
As a dedicated franchise team, we provide both the franchisor and the franchisee with legal advice to determine the most effective strategies, advising on:
- Franchise agreement reviews tailored to your requirements
- Purchase and sale of new or existing franchise businesses
- Advising on rights and obligations
- Dealing with disputes
- Property matters in relation to offices, shops and other premises
- Ancillary documentation such as a shareholders’ agreement, partnership agreements and LLP agreements for joint owners of franchise businesses
- Preparation of franchise agreements and associated documentation
- Assistance with sales of existing franchise businesses
- Matters relating to intellectual property rights such as copyright, trademarks and patents
- Passing off claims and other disputes
If you have any questions on franchising, please call Tracey Dickens on 01206 217326 for a short, no obligation phone call.
- Tracey Dickens
- Partner, Head of Commercial and Corporate Finance
- 01206 711359
When assisting franchisees our experience shows that those that fully understand the nature and extent of the franchise agreement have much better ongoing relationships with their franchisors, since they have had the opportunity of clarifying and challenging any aspects of the contractual relationship that they are not comfortable with.
What our clients say
Tracey was terrific. She proved that she is an expert in this field and can understand a client's needs far better than they can. Further, Tracey was accessible, reliable and always a pleasure to be in contact with. Result: documentation that exactly met our needs, a relaxed and speedy process and it all came in on budget.