In the UK there are two legal definitions of insolvency. The first is where an individual or...
Help is at hand
We have a dedicated team of experts who are fully equipped to deal with your academy conversion, each specialising in a certain part of the conversion process:
Thomas Emmett specialises in the company and contractual elements of converting your school to an academy and will deal with the day-to-day running of the conversions. He will:
• provide general advice in relation to the structure of the company and directors duties;
• set up your company and draft your Memorandum and Articles of Association; draft your commercial transfer agreement; and
• draft your master funding agreement and any supplemental funding agreements required.
Emma Wraight specialises in the land and property elements of the conversion process, and will:
• discuss and assist with completing the land questionnaire;
• deal with first registrations of land, if necessary;
• draft any leases and sub-leases required;
• transfer land, if required; and investigate any matters that crop up, such as boundary issues and shared access, and ensure these are dealt with prior to completion of the conversion.
Julie Temple specialises in employment law and will:
• advise on the consultation process relating to TUPE, if required;
• provide general employment advice; and
• provide assistance in respect of pensions.
Reggie Lloyd also assists with all employment law issues.
James Anaxagorou, business development manager at Birkett Long Human Resources (BLHR), can assist you with your post- conversion employment and human resources needs, which may have previously been dealt with by your local authority. James can:
- provide a free presentation on the benefits and value BLHR can bring to your academy;
- and set up a bespoke BLHR package for your academy to ensure that, going forward, you have the help you need with all the employment and HR aspects of your academy.