In the recent contentious probate case of Clitheroe v Bond, the court overturned the validity of...
Education Law Solicitors
At Birkett Long we understand that education law can be complex and that there are many reasons why you might find yourself in need of legal advice.
Our education law solicitors are always looking for ways to support our clients and work hard to put ourselves in your shoes. Importantly, we know that you are constantly balancing commercial objectives, governance, regulation and funding challenges, with your commitment to students.
At Birkett Long, our education law solicitors are well equipped to assist you with a range of areas and issues associated with education law, such as:
- Academy conversions
- Governance and interpretation of statutes
- Parental & student rights
- Advising schools on admission and exclusion of pupils
- Charity advice
- Provide advice on ancillary matters including issues relating to property, litigation, employment and general commercial
- Sale and development of land
- Planning and Environmental issues
- Health and Safety compliance
- Bespoke Terms & Conditions
- Debt Collection and getting paid
- Contractual Disputes
- Hire purchase agreements
- Raw materials contracts
- Procurement contracts
For a short, no obligation chat about education law, contact Thomas Emmett on 01245 453847 or contact one of our solicitors in Basildon, Colchester or Chelmsford who will be happy to assist with your requirements.
- Thomas Emmett
- Associate Solicitor, Head of Education
- Emma Wraight
- Partner, Head of Commercial Real Estate
Birkett Long is one of the few firms in Essex with acknowledged expertise and a proven track record of over 25 years’ experience providing advice to educational institutions, parents and students alike. Our client base includes the University of Essex, Colchester Institute, South Essex College, Colchester Sixth Form College and a large number of state and private schools in the region.
You might also like
Staff re-order for education page
- Amanda Timcke
- Emma Wraight
- Stephen Avila