The breaking news this week that Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt has shocked...
Problems Following a Bereavement
When a loved one dies, the last thing anyone wants is to fall out over their estate. Unfortunately in some cases this cannot be avoided, even if a will is in place.
Whether you wish to contest or dispute a will, or find yourself on the receiving end of a claim, the whole process of disputing a will can be very time consuming and emotionally difficult.
At Birkett Long, our specialist team will work alongside you to guide you through this complicated area, and we will advise you on all areas of will, inheritance and trust disputes.
We will fight your case in the courts where appropriate, but we are also committed to the constructive resolution of disputes by mediation or negotiation wherever possible.
If you are not sure if your case is worth taking forward, here are a few examples of disputes that we deal with:
- Are you worried that a loved one was influenced by someone else when they wrote their will, perhaps making the will invalid?
- Do you think a loved one lacked mental capacity at the time of writing their will, meaning their will is not valid?
- Do you have a claim for financial provision from an estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975?
- Do you believe that a loved one’s estate has been depleted by financial abuse during the deceased’s lifetime?
- Is there a dispute between executors or between executors and beneficiaries?
- Has a will been lost or does it contain errors?
If you have any questions about will, inheritance or trust disputes, or want to find out if you have a case, call Amanda Smallcombe on 01206 217395 for a free 15 minute free chat on the phone, with no obligation.
- Lorna Boorman
- Jenny Bruce
- 01206 711364
- Adrian Livesley
- Managing Partner
- 01206 711357
- Amanda Smallcombe
- Partner, Head of Court of Protection Team
- 01206 711365
The team is led by Amanda Smallcombe, one of a select group of members of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). Amanda has appeared on BBC's Inside Out programme and been interviewed by the Guardian newspaper talking about inheritance disputes.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may be able to offer an initial meeting and note of our advice at a fixed fee or will be able to take certain cases on a no win no fee arrangement.
You might also like
What Our Clients Say
Many, many thanks from myself, my father and my brother for all your expert advice. It was very much appreciated during a very difficult time, your sound advice gave us some much needed peace of mind.
Once again thank you for all your expert advice, hard work and perseverance without which we would not have achieved such a successful outcome. I will have no hesitation in using your services in the future should the need arise.